Many members of our u3a are also National Trust Members but don’t use it as much as they could because of transport problems (besides which it is much more fun to visit with a group).
Frequency : We aim to arrange at least 4/5 visits each year, by coach, to various National Trust Properties. We also hope to introduce an overnight stay visit in an area where there are several National Trust venues but where distance is prohibitive to day visits.
Contact : Denise Whitsed, Liz Wilson or email Groups’ Coordinators
- Day Trip to: Anglesey Abbey and Lode Mill, arriving approx 11.00am (Fully booked)
- Date: 18th October.
- Leaving: Morrison’s Woodhouse at 8.15am
- Leaving: Mansfield (Outside Iceland) at 8.30am
- Returning Time: Leaving Anglesey Abbey 4.00pm
- Cost: £15-£20 depending on numbers. N.T. members entrance is free with current N.T. card, non members £12 entrance fee. Cheques payable to Sherwood u3a.
Denise and I are planning to get the October visit arranged for this year and the April and June ones for 2022.
We are open to suggestions (polite ones!) for the rest of 2022 or we may just pick from Irene’s previous visits. We are also hoping to choose an area with several National Trust properties and fit in several of them with an overnight stay.